Friday 14 October 2016

Kaisievic_ Friday 14th update...

Woo hoo!  Much better news on the Friday Frolicking front this week.  As per our very loose rules, I picked up a WIP at random from my Girl's Nest (not hard to do as I am trying to organise everything at the moment, so I keep stumbling over WIPs and UFOs - I have given up counting them - lol!)

Anyway, this week I picked up a Eudora Design Christmas piece....


Share the Spirit 
28 ct green linen (it is actually a much prettier green than the camera shows)
Floss: Victoria Motto Shoppe Christmas Green and Christmas Red

For FF, I stitched the "C" on Christmas, the word "the" and half the holly border at the bottom.  So, I still need to stitch the words "Share" and "Spirit" and a holly border and a half.  I also reversed the colours, as the writing was meant to be green and the border to be a red ribbon with green berries(?????) - I think that my way is much better.

I had hoped to maybe finish it this weekend, however, today (Saturday) is going to be a busy day as I doing a dumpling making class with some girlfriends during the day and then going to a David Bowie tribute concert at Hamer Hall with some other friends tonight, plus I really want to get some more blog posting and reading done this morning.  But maybe tomorrow?

... and to finish on a less happy note, sorry! I think that I have just broken the little toe on my right foot.  All I was doing was stumbling out of my bedroom, half asleep, to go feed the cats and let them outside, when I misjudged the doorway and hit my little toe on the doorjamb - ouch!  It is hurting a lot and I am hobbling around - looks like I might be going out today/tonight with one ugg slipper on, oh such sartorial splendour - lol!

Anyway, enough rambling, I hope that you had a great FF last night,

hugs, Kaye

3 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

I think your idea of changing the colors around was a great idea! I can't imagine why it would have ever been the other way around haha!

I hope your little toe is feeling better!!

Brigitte said...

A great update, Kaye - except the part of the broken toe. And I agree, I love your way of changing the colours around. What berries could that be, green?

Stitching Noni said...

Ouch!!! I know exactly how that feels.... at one point I was always kicking my little toe and by the bruising each time I suspect it was broken at least once!
Onto nicer things... I love your FF piece and definitely prefer the colour-way of red berries! :o)