Friday 1 January 2016

Serendipitous Jo's First Friday Frolic of the Year

I've been stitching every Friday but haven't posted my frolicing for the whole of December.  Can't think why!  There must have been something going on in the real world.

Anyway, as is tradition in many parts of the Blogosphere I had a New Start for the New Year.  This was a gift from the Epic Mel, is part of my WIPocalypse list and is also Hallowe'en themed so that covers at least three of my SALs this year.

The design is called Counting Bats by Just Nan.  I'm using a 28 count lilac linen and the AVAS which Mel sent me.  I did change to DMC for the over one lettering because the AVAS was quite "bouncy" and wasn't lying nicely.


I twiddled around with some of the bats in Paintbox and made a collage!

How is your New Stitching Year starting off?

6 comments:

cucki said...

Spooky cute xx

CathieJ said...

I like your stitch even though I really don't like bats. Happy New Year.

Rachel said...

Cute!! It doesn't matter what time of year it is, Halloween patterns are always fun :)

Brigitte said...

It's really starting off great, your stitching year. Great finish, Jo.

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful stitching, Jo, as always, my dear. Great way to start your stitching year.

FlashinScissors said...

Really cute! Lovely stitching Jo. Very spooky!
Barbara xx